Australia's Most Successful Independent Tyre
One of the business principles that helped Bob Jane T-Marts to
become the market leader in tyre, wheel and battery retailing in
Australia is our outstanding customer service.
Widely regarded as Australia's most successful independent tyre
retailer, each Bob Jane T-Marts location is run by a Franchise
Owner, Agency Owner or Manager who has the will to succeed,
possesses sound business skills, enthusiasm, drive and the ambition
to provide excellence in customer service. Our people are chosen
for their experience, attitude and integrity and quickly become
recognised as the tyre experts in their local community.
Bob Jane T-Marts are recognised Australia-wide for our staff and
management expertise, wide range of famous brands and where prices
are very competitive. And, with the very best marketing and
advertising support, the organisation has grown to become the envy
of its competitors.
Growth for growth's sake is not the T-Mart
New T-Mart Franchises are carefully selected based on current
and future consumer potential, competitive environment, retail
position and reputation, and then combined with our professionalism
There are many areas of Australia still without the services of
a professional tyre, wheel and battery service - Bob Jane T-Marts'
long term goal is to be even better represented across the nation
Benefit from our professional associations
Bob Jane T-Marts is a member of the Franchise Council of
Australia. This means the T-Mart Franchise Owner can benefit from
the well established systems and associations you'd expect from a
leading, national franchise organisation like Bob Jane T-Marts.
Committed support systems
You can also be confident knowing you have the support of the
Bob Jane T-Marts team and the proven retail marketing and
advertising techniques that are an integral part of one of
Australia's most successful retail companies. The benefit of a
group like Bob Jane T-Marts extends to other areas as well. For
example, if the Bob Jane T-Marts computer system is purchased, our
national agreement ensures competitively priced hardware, software
updates, a business hours support line and the confidence that a
well established and proven system brings. Information Technology
equipment and support continues to grow throughout the T-Mart
The internet and e-commerce are rapidly expanding
components of the Bob Jane T-Mart sales force.
The T-Marts are all connected to our intranet, the T-Net
Pathway, which provides crucial information for all T-Marts as well
as convenient new services such as on line ordering for goods such
as uniforms etc. The future is exciting and we look forward to
releasing even better systems for our franchisees and customers to
Impressive product line-up
The buying power of Australia's largest independent tyre
retailer means you can provide to your local community the very
best brands at value for money prices.
The extensive range of tyres includes Australia's best
passenger, off-road, performance, light truck and van tyres,
together with the cream of brands from overseas. You'll also have
access to Australia's most extensive range of alloy wheels
including the exclusive Rodney Jane Racing Wheels brand. The
battery line-up includes well known value for money and performance
Excellence through our people
We realise that the very best products mean little without the
very best people. As a T-Mart Franchise Owner, you receive the full
focus of our attention, so that you are fully trained and motivated
to deliver excellence within our proven system.
Regular training and education programs, specifically
tailored to YOUR needs, include:
- Nationally accredited specialist technical courses
- Franchise induction program
- National and State conferences
- In-house seminars and workshops
- On-the-job training and development
- Inter T-Mart Team-Sharing programs
- Educational videos, tapes and literature
- Supplier support programs
Why choose a franchise business?
- Buying a business can be by far the single biggest financial
decision that you'll ever make.
- It is a decision that requires much time and care.
- A good and reputable franchise business can make business
ownership less daunting and risky.
Consider the advantages
- You can access business finance more easily
- You can share in the network's pool of knowledge
- You have an accessible support structure
- You are part of a proven system
- You can learn from other people's mistakes
- You can keep abreast with business trends more easily
- You have a more loyal base of customers
- You can offer better shopping conditions
- You are in the business for yourself not BY yourself
- You benefit from group buying power
- You access advertising and marketing campaigns not otherwise
possible as an independent
- You can reduce customer "buying risks"
Why choose Bob Jane T-Marts - All the things we can say
and really mean
- We have four decades of tyre retailing experience
- We have experienced and competent executive management
- We have the largest share of the replacement passenger tyre and
- We are the industry leaders in Australia
- We are independent
- We can offer low prices due to our buying power
- We only sell quality products
- We are a respected national franchise company
- We are financially strong and very successful
- We understand franchising and care about our people
- We have exemplary customer loyalty
- We are committed to excellence every step of the way
- We are Australian owned
- We have agreed to abide by the Franchising Code of
- We are accredited members of FCA
- We are a family business
What is expected of you as a Bob Jane T-Marts
It's often said that franchising is about people not
product. Given the right system and the right franchisee, the
rewards are unlimited. Therefore there needs to be at the outset
respect for the system by the franchisee and the system also must
respect the pivotal role that the franchisee plays. Common to most
successful and established franchisees are the following
- Self motivated, competitive, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Desire and ability to be self-employed
- Stable and supporting family network
- Ability to work as a team and within a system
- Have a natural disposition to marketing techniques
- Extraordinary commitment to customer service
- Interactive, enthusiastic and supportive
- Flexible, progressive and intuitive
- Responsive to advice
- Sufficient start-up capital
What is expected of us as a franchisor?
Franchisors have an overwhelming responsibility to
deliver to franchisees a business environment where they can work
'the system' to generate wealth with the least amount of risks. To
create a profitable system with low risks, franchisors must display
the following attributes:
- A proven business system over time
- Financial strength and industry influence
- Protected trademarks, logos and trade identity
- Ability to lead, sustain and create opportunities
- Ability to understand and manage the franchise
- Vision and custodianship of the franchise system
- Be progressive, responsible and equitable
- Provide sales, marketing, business and financial support
- Commitment to growth and market dominance
- Dedicated to maximising the well-being of franchisees
- Ongoing market appraisal and research
Franchise Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have a business partner?
Unless you are in business with your spouse, we do not
generally encourage financial or working partners.
Can I run another business in conjunction with a
No. The success of our T-Marts is really about
franchisees giving their undivided attention and commitment six
days a week.
Can I own more than one T-Mart outlet?
First you must prove yourself, then, subject to your
financial position and availability of outlets, this may be
What happens when I want to take holidays?
Each State Office carries relief managers. You must
arrange with your State Manager well in advance if you want to
avail yourself of this service.
What happens if my franchise is not profitable?
There are various reasons as to why you may not be as
profitable as you would like. The strength of a franchise system is
its ability to work together with its Franchise Owners to achieve
Given that you are prepared to work hard with us and the system,
there are various ways of assisting you to achieve your goals.
What is your supply arrangement with product?
We have a strong relationship with all of our suppliers.
In most situations we represent their single biggest customer and
this generally allows us to get the best deal.
Is the tyre business seasonal?
Because of our strategic marketing and advertising
campaigns we aim to ensure a reasonably regular flow of customers
to our T-Marts all year round, with some fluctuations due to
Christmas, school holidays and Easter.
How do you select the site and who is involved?
Site selection is a very involved and methodical process.
Our Management team, in consultation with other interested parties,
makes the decision based on careful research on area opposition,
market reach, population, income-levels and growth.
The Franchise Process
You will receive in the mail a franchise application pack. The
pack contains a detailed application form with a Confidentiality
Agreement and Privacy information that we need you to sign and
return to us. You are encouraged to provide supporting evidence to
your financial claim and any other information that you think will
benefit your application.
Your information will be assessed against our criteria and if
successful you will be invited to meet with a State Manager to
discuss possibilities. Your initial discussion will be with the
State Manager relevant to your location, where you will be invited
to visit a selection of T Marts to research your decision. If you
decide to proceed you will have a formal structured interview
scoring points against specific criteria. This is an intensive
interview to assess your suitability for our system. If successful
in this interview you then proceed to meet with key corporate staff
at the Bob Jane Corporation where financial information (eg.
establishment costs, ongoing costs, examples of P&L's) will be
provided to you.
At this stage you will enter into a training agreement with us.
This starts the intensive 6 month training program we have for all
new franchisees. In this training program you will need to
successfully complete 5 Phases. You will be assessed at the end of
each Phase with performance management tools.
Having completed your training program, you will then need to
confirm things such as finance and legal structure and enter a
Contract of Sale of Business. This is normally done within 45 days.
The Franchise Fee varies between T Marts and it involves
negotiation between you and the current franchisee.
A day will be mutually set for the actual changeover of the
franchise business to you. Whilst this is a simple and quick
procedure on the day a lot of preliminary work needs to be done by
you and Bob Jane Corporation Pty Ltd. 14 days prior to a change
over a Pre-Franchise Agreement needs to be entered into. On
settlement day a Franchise Agency and Performance Agreement is
signed to affect the transfer and, all monies exchanged.
to request a Franchise Application Pack