Radar branded tyres for passenger, SUV and 4x4 vehicles are now covered by a factory backed Road Hazard Replacement Program. The applicable Radar tyres are: RPX20, Rivera Pro 2, RPX800, RPX800+, Dimax Classic, Dimax R8, Dimax R8+, Renegade A/T5, Renegade R7, Renegade RT+ and Renegade A/T Sport. Any of these tyres purchased in Australia from Bob Jane T-Marts will carry the Free Road Hazard Warranty.
This warranty protects the consumer against non-repairable damage caused by puncture, accidental cuts, curb damage, snags or impact breaks suffered during on-road use. Typical road hazards are nails, glass, potholes and other debris. Covered Radar tyres will be eligible for replacement within the first 2 years of purchase.
We will replace as follows:
- If the tyre has a road hazard damage, which cannot be repaired, within the first 25% of the tread wear a free of charge replacement will apply for replacement.
- If tread wear is over 26%, pro-rata charges will apply to the remaining tread depth, down to the legal tread depth, on the current retail price.
- The Road Hazard Warranty is only applicable to the original tyres fitted to the original car the tyres were fitted to.
- The Road Hazard Warranty expires 24 months from the date of purchase of the tyre.
Under all circumstances, the cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges including applicable taxes are required to be paid by the consumer.
Consumer’s Obligation When Filing a Claim
To be covered under the Road Hazard Replacement Program, the consumer is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the claim tyre is presented to an authorized Bob Jane T-Marts store.
- Submit a copy of the original Bob Jane T-Marts purchase receipt with all the details of the tyres purchased and vehicle.
- Ensure the tyres are maintained in a good condition & tyre pressures are regularly monitored.
- Ensure wheel balancing, alignment & tyre rotation is carried out at regular intervals.
- Please take care to avoid driving over obstacles that will cause damage to the tyre.
What is not covered under the Road Hazard Replacement Program?
- A tyre that has failed or suffered damage due to off-road use.
- A tyre that has failed or suffered damage due to an accident.
- A tyre that has failed or suffered damage due to fire, vandalism or vehicle obstructions.
- A tyre that has failed or suffered damage due to snow chain damage.
- A tyre that has repairable damage under Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) standards or that has been improperly repaired.
- A run-flat tyre that has been run flat or punctured.
- A tyre that has failed or suffered damage due to commercial use and/or overloading.
- A tyre that has failed or damaged due to racing.
- A tyre that has failed or damaged due to irregular wear caused by mechanical issues. This includes improper rotation, inflation pressures and alignment.
- Tyres transferred from the vehicle that they were originally installed on.
- A tyre that is past 2 years of age from the date of purchase.
- A tyre that is below the minimum legal tread depth as required by the relevant Australian state authority.
These terms are in addition to your statutory warranties under the Australian Consumer Law and these terms do not seek to exclude any of those statutory warranties.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.